Resolution

The question is do I have an image example 2048x1365 and I want to upload several resolutions of the same is allowed in wallhaven?

Motta123 The site rules state "upload the original version where possible"

JB00GIE said:

Motta123 The site rules state "upload the original version where possible"

If I am tired there is a user who always uploads the same images as me but different resolution I would like that does not happen but I think the problem would end up loading the same image with different resolutions and the problem of that user is that there are many users In wallhaven and only the images that I upload duplicates only that the resolution changes and he claims that since I am not the owner of the images he can do what he wants with those images and he is absolutely right I am not the owner of those images But I would love to respect the upload because another user uploaded those images in this case, my person

Motta123 said: If I am tired there is a user who always uploads the same images as me but different resolution I would like that does not happen but I think the problem would end up loading the same image with different resolutions and the problem of that user is that there are many users In wallhaven and only the images that I upload duplicates only that the resolution changes and he claims that since I am not the owner of the images he can do what he wants with those images and he is absolutely right I am not the owner of those images But I would love to respect the upload because another user uploaded those images in this case, my person

Hmm i didnt understand a thing from you Maybe some dots and couple of enters could help

So you pretty much just want to view whore and take all the credit for uploading something? How does it affect you that someone is uploading the same images as you but in an actual wallpaper resolution? If i were to search wallpapers for my monitor none of your images would show up, because they aren't in the standard 16x9 aspect ratio. I appreciate whoever does the dirty work and makes them actually searchable.

Little Note by the way, not so long ago "Motta" wrote to me:

"I am the only one to have honor upload first. I am the number one here!"

My Opinion is that Wallhaven is a Community. There should not be a thinking of I got so many and you got so many and so on.

Old Wallbase had over 1 Million Walls. A long way to go! Everyone who contributes to Wallhaven is a Number one!

Just my little Grain of Salt.

Any other Opinions ?

Last updated

TBH it's getting pretty annoying seeing the same wallpaper uploaded multiple times in different resolutions like it's some kind of contest. As usual, though, my eyes just gloss over when I see a sexy lady and forget about giving a shit. Probably me and every other WH user.

difficult to do, but i wonder if the dev's might be able to implement having one image represented on the search index, but opening the imagine allows you to download the wallpaper in whatever resolution you desire, it would save alot of duplicates appearing in the search index so neat and tidy

drgrumbles said:

difficult to do, but i wonder if the dev's might be able to implement having one image represented on the search index, but opening the imagine allows you to download the wallpaper in whatever resolution you desire, it would save alot of duplicates appearing in the search index so neat and tidy

That will probably come once they complete the duplicate detection system and we can finally merge everything neatly. Things kind of work differently here, though. For now, WH relies on the community to upload different resolutions which is why it's so messy. I think other wallpaper sites actually have an automatic way of cropping and resizing images to provide different resolutions to their users based on a single uploaded image. That or they have people for that job. I could be doing that right now but you'd probably hate my guts when you see page after page of 5-6 unique images in 10 different resolutions. XD