Delete Wallpaper

You can't. Report it (bottom left corner) and a mod/dev will do.

We have no plans to add that. Don't see why.

It's stupid to not have a basic feature like that. Mods on this site aren't the fastest and having to wait for hours every time you want something deleted is just inconvenient.

sannukas0016 why delete your wallpapers? you browse your uploads, and then you like 'wait a minute, you there. you stupid wallpaper i hate u so much i cant even wait one or two days until you are deleted why did i even upload you, stupid picture'? also don't you think you'll upset some people by deleting wallpapers they loved? it's a wallpapers website after all, not your personal cloud to store the wallpapers only you would like, i guess the purpose of the site was to upload your wallpapers, so many people could enjoy them same way you do

Pretty much what @dwemer said.

Deleting wallpapers is not supposed to be a "basic" operation, it's supposed to be an exception. People should be able to rely on wallpapers to still be where they found them when they come back the next day. You can add wallpapers to collections, share links etc. If anyone can just delete their uploads whenever they feel like it this reliability is lost. Our purpose is to collect wallpapers, not to offer temporary storage. We only delete wallpapers when there is a valid reason.

Gandalf speaking of valid reasons. Recently I have uploaded a cat with pretty whiskers. I realized that cat was not as good in reality as he was in my imagination. I mean it was more like a cat selfie, not a wallpaper. So the wallpaper was reported and deleted. But when I received a notification about successful deletion, I clicked the link to that wallpaper and instead of '404' I saw the wallpaper with him(and his whiskers) with red line across it(the wallpaper, not cat) with 'this wallpaper has been deleted' or something like that. Does this mean I can see deleted wallpaper for a while if it was uploaded by me? Unfortunately I can't show you the link, it was in my notifications and I have deleted it. Maybe you can see this in logs or something. You're a developer after all.

I thought the point of this website was to provide QUALITY wallpapers. I convert almost all of my uploads to png so i could bypass the horrible jpg compression this site has. But few times i have forgotten about it and uploaded the jpg version only to notice few minutes later that the image is ruined. I would like an option to change out the wallpaper without bothering the mods and waiting few hours just so i could do something so basic. At least add a timer so the image can only be deleted for 12-24 hours after uploading.

That is a really valid reason for wanting to delete your uploads but i somehow cant digest the derisive tone in all the replies of sannukas0016. Not that i am a mod or something so my remark has little to very little significance;)

sannukas0016 The compression issue sucks and I'm really hoping we'll find a way around that. But you're essentially asking for a workaround for that particular problem, which is really just time we could be spending on something more useful, like solving the actual issue.. That said I could see a few more use cases for deleting wallpapers for a short period after uploading (probably more in the range of up to an hour).

sachin273 You get used to people with that mindset. ^^

sachin273, I really don't understand how you came to that conclusion. English isn't my first language so it might sound like i was mocking someone but that wasn't my goal. I'm simply disagreeing with their idea that there shouldn't be a delete button. But it's the internet, so you have to be aggressive for anyone to notice you.

Gandalf, Having a timed delete button is the best of both worlds.