Shoud heavily-edited Ai art still be tagged as Ai art?

So I had this question for some time already: should I tag a wallpaper that is barely recognisable to it's original generated version (And where manual editing & adjusting took much more time than generating it) as Ai art?

According to rules "AI Art or any other AI generated content MUST be tagged with the AI Art tag.". However, what if said image was manualy edited and adjusted beyond recognision? Should it still be tagged?

Also, if I downloaded somewhere a pic that I didn't notice was Ai art and, again, manually edited it, do I face any repercussions for not tagging it correctly? (since I know there are pics like that somewhere in my "edit queue" folder that I have no idea if it was Ai or not)

Lastly, more of a request - can we get a notification when someone adds an Ai Art tag to our uploads? It lowers visibility of the upload and I noticed sometimes it's incorrectly added to pictures I know for a fact were not Ai generated.

Edit: As a follow up and maybe to make it simpler: = is there a minimal ammount of work you need to put into the wallpaper to make it non-Ai-art ? = or if the source was Ai-art it doesn't matter what you do to it and how much you change it - it will always be Ai art?

Last updated

I'd tag it as AI art anyway just to be safe. The denizens of Wallhaven are in full torches-and-pitchforks mode and the inquisition against AI art is in full-swing and gearing up to become even more vitriolic as time passes.

Just use both tags: AI artand photoshopped. For example, if there is a house and a tree in the wallpaper, we do not mark the picture only with the house tag, but use both tags: house and tree, to better describe.

There is no separate field on this site for the tools that were used to create the wallpaper, unlike Artstation, so if you really did a great job improving the art (in my opinion if you have painted more than 33-50% of the area of ​​the picture), and not just cutting off the fingers from the picture or painting normal eyes in a couple of minutes, then it makes sense to add the photoshopped tag with AI tag. IMHO.

AI art as of now has a distinctive texture and 'soulless' feel to it. I suspect it will get much more difficult in the next few years as AI develops to tell the difference.

I don’t know if my comment will help, but I read that text that was generated by AI and edited by a person should still be marked, but in percentage terms. For example, AI generated by 20%