"Seen" tags not functioning last several days for me

I am using the latest FF on Windows and for the last few days have noticed that the seen tags, that normally appeared over the thumbnails as soon as the fullsize image had rendered in another tab, are not showing up. Yesterday and for the past few days they were showing up after a page refresh, but now they are not showing at all (and some that had showed up on a previous page refresh just earlier today are now not showing at all).

I'm not aware of any changes to my browser (other than whatever updates Mozilla has pushed), and I have not added any add-ons or extensions for a long time, so I am fairly confident it would not be the result of any installed extensions. (but I can't say definitively as I have not tried disabling all of them and seeing what happens)

Any idea what might be causing this behavior? Any steps I should try to see if this on my side?

Added 14 minutes after

Oh, I wanted to add that I also went to settings to double check that the "enable seen walls" selection was enabled. It said enabled and i clicked it to make sure it was and that it toggled properly, which it did. I never touched the "Clear" button next to it.

And, I dont think that could have caused this behavior, because after that, I still had really old seen tags, just not seeing new ones showing up. (but now the old tags all look to be gone). So, if that action of toggling the enabled/disabled setting wipes out the cookies that are used to store the "seen" tag data, then that IS indeed a bug (a massive one since that should only be done by the "clear" button).

But like I said, since the old tags I had were present AFTER i toggled "enabled" off and back on, I dont think that could be it...just wanted to give a complete picture of what things I've done in the setting screen and making sure it is understood that I didn't "clear" the seen walls by using the clear button.

Last updated