New: Search filters and Hot

Small update for you all today!

Using what I've learned from the toplist beta, I've created a new sorta toplist: Hot. I'm hoping we'll get some good results with this page!

Also included in today's update, a new way to filter your searches: You can now include or exclude any tag categories when searching: c:1,20,22 will show only wallpapers with tags under 'Anime & Manga,' 'Characters,' and 'Series'. To exclude all tags under a category: -c:54,30 this example excludes all tags under 'Cars & Motorcycles', and 'Games.' Replace the IDs with whatever tag categories you want. I'll probably work on getting an easier way to select these in the future. It will also be added to the API in a later update.

If the results seem a bit off, check the tags and let us know if you find any tags in the wrong category. I'm also planning on updating the categories we have, but more on that later.

As always, thanks for sticking around and let me know what you think!

Thanks.

Last updated

Thanks, O_O *What to say-- NicE w0rK

Last updated

That's great, thanks! If it works well, you could also make the "Hot" button available on the main page.

it's good. you can see most hot at last.

Nice, thanks for all the hard work! Btw whats the difference between hot and toplist? I mean what makes a WP appear in hot category rather toplist category?

thanks for keeping up this project! it's really cool to see the site evolve more and more. been really happy with every update and have been using the site well; thanks so much :D

Can change upload color because hot is new red?

That's a great new feature! Thank you!

AksumkA said:

Small update for you all today!

Using what I've learned from the toplist beta, I've created a new sorta toplist: Hot. I'm hoping we'll get some good results with this page!

Also included in today's update, a new way to filter your searches: You can now include or exclude any tag categories when searching: c:1,20,22 will show only wallpapers with tags under 'Anime & Manga,' 'Characters,' and 'Series'. To exclude all tags under a category: -c:54,30 this example excludes all tags under 'Cars & Motorcycles', and 'Games.' Replace the IDs with whatever tag categories you want. I'll probably work on getting an easier way to select these in the future. It will also be added to the API in a later update.

Sorry but just don't understand how to use that... how do I know the IDs for the tags I don't want?

Also.... just tried this:

">-c:54,30 this example excludes all tags under 'Cars & Motorcycles', and 'Games.'"

And got:

cars and games on the first page.

I think we need some kind of "no tags" protection because both images there don't have tags.

Also... are these the "hottest wallpapers" ? ...ooooook.....

Last updated

There, I've added some tags for Artanis. I couldn't let it go knowing the leader of the Protoss wasn't getting the recognition he deserved.

nier1947 said:

There, I've added some tags for Artanis. I couldn't let it go knowing the leader of the Protoss wasn't getting the recognition he deserved.

Order is restored.

Still waiting an answer on how to use those filters. Where do we get the tags id? what does C:1,20,50... .. ... mean?. I better keep using the good old search filter.

love this new change! question tho... how do i change my profile name? ubellblate is a VERY old Alias for me and i would like to change it to my newest alias TacoDivision

Ok so https://wallhaven.cc/tags/5 is <nature> in the Tag Categories and https://wallhaven.cc/tag/5 is <anime girls> and I just tried -c:5 and it removes <nature> but not <anime girls> . What I'm trying to do is remove <anime girls> not <nature> and not anime. I didn't find a way to find the usefull tag number for <anime girls> anywhere nearby on the places where I'd like to see them (e.g. in adress or near tag or when I go to the tag's page...) Can this be done simpler ?

The function is very easy to use, and it feels very good to contact this website for the first time.

Thank you, AksumA! I really appreciate your work, and I'm especially happy about this one.

With that said; it doesn't seem to be working right now. Am I using it correctly? For example, I want to filter out anime, entertainment, knowledge, companies & logos, people, and vehicles. So my search looked like this:

-c:1,3,9,37,7,8

but subcategories (like Entertainment » Games » Leisure Suit Larry) still appear. I tried a less specific search for 'Art & Design', 'Location', and 'Nature', e.g:

c:2,6,5

with no luck.

P.S: Have you considered adding this function to user's individual blacklists as well? That would be huge.

I like your Updates...

Hello!

Do resolution exclusion is in works?

This is the use case: one makes a list of all the accepted 16:9 to 1080p equivalent in browsing parameters for resolution that is specifically: 1920x1080,2560x1440,3200x1800,3840x2160,4800x2700,5120x2880,5760x3240,6400x3600,7680x4320,8000x4500,8960x5040,9600x5400,10240x5760,11200x6300,11520x6480,12800x7200,13440x7560,14400x8100,15560x9640,17280x9720,30720x17280,61440x34560 but one needs to see all the wallpapers in whatever search that don't match my preferred resolutions.

All this are good, when I look for a wp I find them fine. But what if I want to see what's being uploaded that I may be missing and I could cut or zoom to resolution, etc.