[ENHANCEMENT] Fixed first main tag for new images

Hi guys/gals

I´ve brought this on another thread but I think I will create a thread for its own. We need an upgrade for the upload system. This upgrade is an obligatory "basic TAG applier".

What do I mean? Main tags should be created and mantained by mods, and is a list of "wide classification" words. This "main tags" or "initial tags" are the closest basic, most obvious description of the image uploaded (e.g you upload a ferrari photo, you use the "car" tag instead of "ferrari F-40" tag.). This way filtering would be enhanced for both, people looking for car photos and people who don´t want that.

This "system" would work like this:

*UPLOADS IMAGE -> get a prompt to select one of the main tags from "the bag" (car, anime, landscape, animals, etc) [YOU CANNOT CREATE A NEW TAG ON THIS STAGE! YOU MUST SELECT ONE TO CONTINUE] -> with the first main tag applied you continue to the next prompt -> now you can create and apply other tags -> UPLOAD FINISHED.

This method would prevent users from applying too specific tags and leaving the image imposible to filter. Here is an example of how things are now:

https://ibb.co/phKPG05

And here is an example of how things would be with obligatory pre-made basic tags:

https://ibb.co/28F30D3

*Note that they all have the same "operating system" tag. Of course this would vary, and some may tag it as "fun" for example but it is the same result, a basic main tag for all the same images that can be easily filtered.

Remember, people must be forced to select ONE pre-made tag... this is crucial to stop the bad tagged images.

I mean if somebody picks the wrong tags anyways when they create a wallpaper (either due to ignorance or their inability to speak the language) there is nothing stopping them from picking the wrong pre-made tag in the very beginning and forcing others to delete their useless tagging.

404011xz said:

I mean if somebody picks the wrong tags anyways when they create a wallpaper (either due to ignorance or their inability to speak the language) there is nothing stopping them from picking the wrong pre-made tag in the very beginning and forcing others to delete their useless tagging.

Look, this is not infalible by any means; the approach is: "do I let childs or grown ups ["not smart enough"] or [non english speaking people] (different things there) to do as they do now? or do I put a fishing net there and let some bad tags go in instead of all without filters?"

Also the pre-made tags should be easy to use, however it may lead to some confusion on themes like "videogames" and "fantasy art" for example, where they can mix up a little... but at the end of the day; you have images with an specific basic tag repeated in many of those so you know that fantasy and videogames are filtrable :)

Today you can have 6 new uploads of videogame screenshots with each one having a character name as a tag or the game name as a tag. Impossible to apply filters correctly with that.

• "Not so smart people" are the ones that "don´t care about tagging" or do things like tagging the exact brand of tires on a car photo instead of using a simple descriptive and generic tag as "car".

• "non english speakers" are people that get confused by words that are not known to them and this is totally OK and acceptable. I for example speak spanish as my mother tongue. However, if I don´t understand something I try using google first :)