[Windows/Linux] WPC - Wallpaper Change [Supports Wallheaven, Bing]

Does this automatically pull wallpapers and apply them to your desktop? If it does I've been looking for this for a long time. Any chance some kind of GUI?

vash12788 said:

Does this automatically pull wallpapers and apply them to your desktop? If it does I've been looking for this for a long time. Any chance some kind of GUI?

yes, it automatically downloads and applies wallpaper to your desktop.

no GUI planned at this time. It is fairly easy to configure. set your settings once and add it to start up.

Can we get it to pull wallpapers "randomly" from a search query?

I continued to look for another app to accomplish this task that has a suitable GUI but still couldn't find anything other than Displayfusion, but that is an extremely bloated and expensive piece of software for what I want to do. Decided to give this a shot and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to function. Help?

Woah, that's cool. I didn't know wallhaven even had an API, lol

I really liked you made it multi-platform, when I read the idea I was pretty sure it would be another windows only app.

I'll give it a try later for sure!

Is there any way to connect Rust to html or javascript? maybe an html GUI? vash is really worried and willing to give it a try haha

I finally found a super lightweight app that does exactly what I want, and I found it in the most unlikely of places, the Microsoft app store...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/wallhaven-uwp/9njldd2934rk?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

$2.50 to unlock all the auto wallpaper changing features but for as long as I've been looking for an app to do what I want, it's worth it. I've honestly been searching for another app that does this that supports this website since Wallbase went down and Pulse stopped working years ago.

vash12788 said:

I finally found a super lightweight app that does exactly what I want, and I found it in the most unlikely of places, the Microsoft app store...

omg I'm sorry, you were clearly desperate, poor soul... Would have given a hand on th4nos' program if I knew, my bad.

Well, that's great then! Indeed, the terminal might not be a friendly picture for everyone.

WPC v0.5

• most of main.rs is rewritten.
    • Project restructure.
    • --daemon option for linux and windows.
    • drop support for KDE DE

WPC is now v0.5.

Journey towards v1.0 starts from here.

get for Linux(Gnome/Ubuntu/Budgie/Fedora) and Windows:

https://github.com/jkotra/wpc/releases/tag/0.5