Suggestion: report transperency

I suggest the following:

When a wallpaper gets reported, make it so that the uploader sees the reason for the report. Also, make it possible for the uploader to delete his wallpaper even if it was reported (I have no idea why a report prevents a wallpaper from being deleted). I'll give an example why this is useful.

I recently uploaded this wallpaper:

https://wallhaven.cc/w/73ey2v

I see it was reported and I have no idea why. But I thought... it's not low quality, so maybe it was reported as a duplicate. Then I searched similar wallpapers and found this:

https://wallhaven.cc/w/6q2xgl

Now I see it is a duplicate and I want to delete it. But I can't! So the moderators will waste time judging reports that could be solved by the uploader.

There could be other examples as well. Maybe if I see the description of the report I will analyze the wallpaper again and delete it. This could save the moderators a lot of time.

I see your point and I like the idea in general. Here's what I'm worried about:

By showing the report reason to uploaders we'd expose them to other users' opinions, which are not always rational. While most reports are fair and objective, a few are not. We've already had a handful of people get quite upset over their uploads getting reported at all. I wouldn't want to add a poorly worded report message into that mix.

More specifically, I'm worried about two things:

• People getting bullied through reports to delete some of their own uploads even when they're fine.
    • People avoiding to report wallpapers because they are afraid their report might cause offence or conflict. Obviously we'd keep the reporter's name hidden in any case but they might still give themselves away.

One more thing to consider is that we usually merge duplicates, rather than just delete them. This means that favs and tags get transferred to the remaining wallpaper. Performing this action will remain reserved to staff members, so especially for reported duplicates the work will still need to be done by staff members.

I understand... sometimes too much transparency can generate conflict.