Stop reporting full resolution images as low resolution.

Resolution isn't the same as quality. The wallpaper has a high resolution but low quality. If you zoom in to 100% you'll see heavy compression artifacts, which is not acceptable. Try scaling down the wallpaper to a resolution where the compression is no longer noticeable.

You're right. I forgot to think about that.

Wallpaper 676029 just received this notification. It's an original photograph taken by a pro photographer. I did a little color manipulation & a tiny bit of jpeg compression to lower the file size. My color/light manipulations did create a bit of noise and some patchiness in the dark zones, and maybe you saw that and after a quick glance classified it as a low res blowup. Also how come when I zoom in on images in browsers to 100% or actual size the images are blown up way larger than when I view them in GIMP or windows photo viewer at actual size? Maybe this could be why you think the image looks to be of lower quality. It's not low quality imo (I'll respect your opinion either way), i think its a good 4-5k image and at least much better quality than most images on this site (compared to the other nature photography here). I'm just asking you to reconsider, as i'd rather not mash pixels by resizing my images and end up jeopardizing the quality that way. And the future wallpapers that I will be adding are all pretty Hi-Res photography not blow ups of lower res images.

danke schön

Last updated

@Kandojo: Wallpaper deleted beacause of heavy compression artefacts on dark parts, therefore low quality (probably because of your manipulation). Next time try to lower the resolution and/or upload a .png image and the result should be OK.