Is this really NSFW?

I uploaded a wallpaper I made for the game Halo which at least to me seemed to belong to SFW... I comeback to visit this site and see it's flagged as NSFW. [url]https://alpha.wallhaven.cc/wallpaper/543065[/url]

Is this really NSFW? And if it is then why are there plenty of other images like mine that are not flagged as NSFW? [url]https://alpha.wallhaven.cc/search?q=Cortana&search_image=&categories=111&purity=100&sorting=date_added&order=desc[/url]

If my image is truly NSFW that's fine but, I don't understand how the other images aren't...

I changed it to NSFW but it should be a Sketchy. There are more of Cortana walls which are in Sketchy because of nudity.

Seems like a good compromise. Sorry if I made this into a bit of a hassle though.

I didn't want to create new topic. Is it really NSFW? None of tags suggest that.

NSFWYou need to be logged in to view this wallpaper.

Even with #[43ke60] tag mark these as NSFW is too much in my opinion.

kejsirajbek said:

Cryzeen: I'm guessing because of (barely) visible areolae?

I suppose if you look hard enough you can see it... anyhow, thanks for clarification.

kejsirajbek Well, I guess not everyone is so open minded with those "issues" so I understand the decision.

These are all walking a fine line, IMO. If it was up to me, they'd be Sketchy at best. If a boss walked by a peon's cubicle and saw these, it would take more than a cursory glance to see the goods. In the end, it's up to our users as to how much they can tolerate.

Personally, I also feel that if you need to look really closely to actually see it, it should be Sketchy at best. I don't get the overall social sensitivity over this altogether, though I guess it exists and the site needs to take it into account, but I don't see how the right side picture in Mirokv's examples is more NSFW than a skimpy bikini (which is almost always just Sketchy).

defurious said:

In the end, it's up to our users as to how much they can tolerate.

Now please explain it what do you mean exactly with this sentence.

kejsirajbek said:

defurious said: Now please explain it what do you mean exactly with this sentence.

Tolerate sketchiness, I guess. Sketchiness of an image is our topic here and for me, personally, the above examples should all be sketchy. I wouldn't mind browsing the site and seeing them(I turned off NSFW). But some people might not tolerate it and say it belongs in NSFW. So in the end it really is up to the individual what they find sketchy or NSFW.

I understand that you guys are operating under the NSFW umbrella to appease sensitive users. Basically flagging anything remotely unsafe as NSFW. Too bad you can't please everybody.

This was a recurring theme in the previous wallbase site: there's no real hard and fast "rule" that says that a certain wallpaper is NSFW or not, it's up to judgement.

In my opinion, an NSFW wallpaper is one where, if you work in an office environment and your boss catches you with that on your screen, you will almost definitely get a firm reprimand from HR. Sketchy means it depends on the type of boss and office environment, but at the end of the day, it still depends on the office environment you work in. I've been in some really sketchy workplaces before and some very strict ones, so there's still no hard and fast rule.

You could say the appearance of genitals is an immediate NSFW, sure, but as in that Cortana wallpaper, there's still some form of confusion. You could say that ass that's not in a bikini is NSFW, and that in a bikini is considered "sketchy", but how small does a bikini have to be before you consider it NSFW?

It's a massive gray area that there's really no solution for unless you come up with a mathematical algorithm that takes everything into consideration (which I guarantee no one's going to bother putting time into making an advanced picture recognition algorithm just to determine what level of ass is allowed on your computer screen at work.

At the end of the day, ask yourself this: if HR came to your computer and saw your screen, what would they think?

Imho Nipple pokes is sketchynot NSFW I mean consider the following real life conditions : -if a bra is a little "lose", the woman has prominent nipples, she's somewhat cold and in a shirt

Then she's gonna show some nipple poking through shirt, it's something of life, only in muslim countries would you never see this nipples through clothing is an ambiguous tag it could be understood as simple sketchy nipple pokes such as this :

---------------------------------------------------------------------- or more NSFW seethrough clothes showing the nipple :

also Tags should NOT dictate the sketchiness of an image Tags & sketchiness are both derived from the image directly