Questions on tags and tagging

Hey there,

sorry if I start a new topic already, but I am having a few questions on wallpaper tags. Maybe it's a bug, but most certainly it's a user error, which means that it is probably my fault.

I just uploaded my first wallpapers and I noticed a few things, which you might be able to help me with.

Frist - I wanted to add a tag. The tag was "Syringa", as that is what you could see on a large part of the wallpaper. So, I added the tag and selected the proper tag categories, but upon saving it, there was an error and nothing happened. I did try it again, with the same result. Did I do somethign wrong?

Second - I wanted to remove a tag, which I already added. It worked on one or two, but on another one it opened a new page with another error. I was able to go back in the browser, but all tags had been unselected. When I tried to add them again, I wasn't able to. Strange thing is, that those tags were there, when I finished uploading my walls. Was it a bug or did I do something wrong here?

Third (and last) - When I upload multiple images at once and I add a tag to another one, which I than later decide to add to another one as well, do I have to type it in again (which works), or is there a trick to just click on it, to "activate" it? Because when I clicked it, it opened the tag search page. Do I have to hold another key to do so or is it just not possible and I have to type the tag again?

Thanks for your help and sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum. I wasn't sure about it.

So, I guess there's either noone willing to help here or noone is able to, eh? Not even the team is able to answer those questions?

Well, thanks anyway. :)

#syringa got deleted at some point because it was unused. Since it's really a valid tag (after you google what it means…) it shouldn't have been deleted. I restored it. Edit: And now it's gone again because lilac already exists and they are apparently synonyms.

When you try to add a tag that previously got deleted you get a rather cryptic error. Better feedback in that case has been on our todo list for quite a while now.

I was able to go back in the browser

Often not a good idea when JavaScript is involved, things can get out of sync with the server and not display information correctly (though I admit it should be more robust than that). Best option is to refresh the page (F5).

When I upload multiple images at once and I add a tag to another one, which I than later decide to add to another one as well, do I have to type it in again

Yes. You can add a tag to multiple wallpapers at once but if you do them one-by-one you have to type it again. Relying on the autocomplete should speed it up a little though.

Hey Gandalf

Thanks a ton for your help! Your answer did help me a lot and I appreciate it!

Can someone explain what exactly is the meaning behind JK tag? Lots of anime, general images are tagged under it.