reloading/refreshing an old search on firefox

I assume you have your 'thumbs per page' set to 24 in your browsing settings. In that case on a large enough monitor the next page will load immediately due to the infinite scrolling and set your current page to the next.

alright, kinda weird but indeed I set it to 32 and it doesn't happen anymore

thanks.

@dwemer just saw your message

well mozilla is kinda aimed at breaking anything and everything these days I have quite a bunch of addons, most of which will stop working with firefox 57, all hail webextensions (ironic) TabGroups being one of the main issues, with its companion addons : session manager & MultipleTabHandler

But that's not all, cause of course it wouldn't prevent me from updating. recently mozilla silently broke multi-XPI installs which breaks any updates coming from "Charamel" (a full theme) which the author discovered after asking why the update he did worked fine for him, but couldn't be installed from AMO

so yeah, mozilla is in a bad mood these days, so I'm not updating blindly anymore.

As for security updates, I'm not worried, I may get issues but I'm pretty sure I never will

As a computer tech, I only got infected by a virus once in my lifetime, and that was the virus that would install directly on any windows machine connected to the internet, near instantly (back in win2k days). I also witnessed many customers infections, so I'm not overly worried ;)

edit: [url]https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/5yyqas/firefox_57_is_the_death_of_firefox_as_far_as_im/?ref=share&ref_source=link[/url]

Last updated

While this has nothing to do with the original topic I can't help but notice how dumb that is. Some addons are lagging behind so the browser is dead, sounds about right. If only they had announced those changes years ago… But yeah, fuck mozilla for moving forward.

Also your concept of security is quite baffling.

Gandalf hehehe to each their own ^^

it's just the main features that made me use firefox are going away. so yep it will be pretty much dead for me. Panorama was actually a feature of firefox, a great feature I might add but completely ignored by the general public, and it stayed half-baked lacking a lot of features that were actually needed for it to work correctly.

example: how many friends of me complained about losing their session ? a lot yes there's backups in firefox, however it doesn't always allow recovering. example : once I had some crash in firefox, can't recall why, however while trying out stuff to stop it crashing, I restarted the browser about a dozen times, with default firefox in this case, all your sessions are overwritten by empty ones at this point. So, end of line, when you have an unreliable session keeping, who's gonna bother with setting up tab groups ?

Same story with the addon, Multiple Tab Handler, which is pretty much a requirement if you're gonna use tab groups. Without it, using tab groups is a tedious process of doing everything 1 by 1.

Then it got segregated as an addon, however with this actually came finally some updates of that feature. And now it's gonna die with firefox 57

And for your knowledge, multi-XPI disappearance was silently dropped so "announced years ago" seems a bit over the top. As for moving forward with webextensions, I'll direct you to tabs groups author post, he knows much more than I do on the subject: http://fasezero.com/addons/ from reading his stuff it seems to me that it's not that black & white as you seem to imply.