NSFW images only show in browser.

Hello there, Wallhaven!

My alias is Minerva Excelsior, or Minervaxcel for short. I am somewhat of a hobbyist coder and photoshop artist.

With them mixed together, i waste a lot of time using a program called Rainmeter.

I started working on what could be called a program, which gets everything from Wallhaven, but with features that only a program outside of a browser can deliver.

But then today, in my coding joy, i ran into a minor problem.. The different parts of my program change variables that decide things, like the different parts of the URL.

My problem is that my program can't get NSFW images, even though the URL is set to allow it.

I checked it with a different .exe of mine that fetches xml info, and it couldn't either.

Is there some kind of lock on so NSFW is only shown in browsers?

And, if so. Would there be some way to get past that?

If you'd like to check out my program, let me know! It's only a hobby so far, but eventually it'll be pretty sweet, i think. ^^

# Edit: I just found out that the NSFW images are not set in your coding as their wallpaper-id. But, they do not show up outside of the browser anyway. My program wont show anything about images that are tagged as NSFW. :/

Last updated

You have to be logged in to see NSFW images. Your app must be able to handle sessions/cookies and log in before fetching any nsfw stuff.

Rainmeter WebParser cannot be used to fetch resources behind a secured context, because it does not permit to transfer the session or cookies.

You will have to create a plugin in C# or C++ which will allow you to use more advanced techniques.

Alternatively you can replace all your WebParser usage by a command call to CURL. 1- login request and dump the session in a file 2- fetch wallpapers by providing the session file

see [url]http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12399087/curl-to-access-a-page-that-requires-a-login-from-a-different-page[/url]

shadomare, TenSoon

I hoped that it wouldn't be something like this.. I kinda thought so though.

Oh, well. Thanks for your tips fellas.

I'll give it a go! Feel free to poke me if you are interested in the progress! :)