So about this AI Art stuff

Good! AI "art" has no place on any art/photo sharing platform, it's horrid! :)

Thank you for preserving Wallhaven. A flood of AI images would destroy this site like it did Deviant Art and others.

AksumkA said:

• All uploads containing AI generated content MUST be tagged with AI art. Users who fail to tag their uploads correctly will lose their uploading privileges.

lol so if an user either mistakenly doesn't tag something as AI art or doesn't realize it himself (maybe because the source of the art doesn't have it tagged as AI) can lose its uploading privileges? for a SINGLE mistake? if so this is quite BS

Mirtilla said:

AksumkA said:

• All uploads containing AI generated content MUST be tagged with AI art. Users who fail to tag their uploads correctly will lose their uploading privileges.

lol so if an user either mistakenly doesn't tag something as AI art or doesn't realize it himself (maybe because the source of the art doesn't have it tagged as AI) can lose its uploading privileges? for a SINGLE mistake? if so this is quite BS

At first when the rule is broken we do forced rules read, second comes a warning and if there is a multiple rulebreaking comes a temporary ban and just then the ban for good. (Exceptions are possible)

Last updated

at least everything should be under control. There is no need to wonder if the art is AI or not now

Thank you for your hard working!

I respect your policy, but you should know that no matter how much we resist it, it is an inevitable trend in the development of technology, and no one can change it

BrutalDoom said:

Blacklists for Subscriptions?! No? Okay...

I fail to see the point in this policy regarding AI art (which I support) if the content still ends up showing up in Subscriptions.

Why not just create another section or tag for Ai stuff instead of completely blocking them from site. It will not only help users differentiate between organic hardwork vs Ai generated stuffs also it makes Ai stuff available for those who just want cool wallpaper for their desktop. but because how i and most non artist people see this site more as a "wallpaper resource website" instead of creators engagement place like artstation. Please dont take this as hard comment but try to consider there are people who are looking for cool wallpapers to download from this site not for any commercial use just for personal desktop makeover stuff. Consider those people too. And making Ai stuff available for them will garantee you even more traffic no doubt.

First of all, I appreciate the effort put into the recent update on the site, but I believe that filtering AI-generated art by default might not be the best approach. AI art represents a fascinating and rapidly evolving form of creativity. By automatically removing it, we risk limiting users' exposure to cutting-edge artistic expressions that could truly captivate and inspire them.

Instead of imposing a default filter, why not empower users to make their own choices? Giving users the option to enable or disable the AI Art filter through their settings would be a more democratic approach, allowing each individual to curate their experience based on personal preferences.

Regarding the subscription issue, rather than suggesting users subscribe to only 'unique enough' tags, why not explore ways to improve the subscription system? Enhancing it to include customizable filters and preferences could cater to users' varied interests while still respecting their desire to avoid excessive duplicates.

Furthermore, enforcing strict tagging rules may inadvertently discourage artists from exploring AI-generated art. Instead, the site could educate users on the importance of accurate tagging, fostering a more cohesive and organized platform.

AI art is still a burgeoning field that holds immense potential for artistic innovation. Embracing it now could pave the way for groundbreaking collaborations between human creativity and artificial intelligence. As the technology advances, we might witness remarkable artistic breakthroughs that enrich the entire artistic community.

To make an informed decision on AI art, why not seek feedback from users through surveys or discussions? This approach would provide valuable insights into the preferences and sentiments of the community, ensuring that the site's direction aligns with the desires of its users.

Ultimately, our goal should be to celebrate diversity in artistic expression and to encourage both traditional and innovative art forms to thrive. By embracing AI-generated art alongside conventional styles, we can create a dynamic and inclusive platform that appeals to a wide range of artists and enthusiasts.

Last updated

I don't think it's a bad thing to have an AI. Maybe some people will support it.

Maybe I missed it in this thread, but is the AI art filter available via the API too? It's not documented on https://wallhaven.cc/help/api, but maybe it's been added as an undocumented option?

is good

Added 3 minutes after

were are you from?

Aeryz said:

I like AI ART 👉👈

I like you!