So about this AI Art stuff

That's so good,I'm tired of AI art

I agree with the rules. However, I believe that AI has enormous potential today and it would be a shame to ban it from a site like this, in my opinion. The fact that a person can decide in their searches whether to find AI-generated products or not seems like a great way to sort things out...

paoloplus said:

I agree with the rules. However, I believe that AI has enormous potential today and it would be a shame to ban it from a site like this, in my opinion. The fact that a person can decide in their searches whether to find AI-generated products or not seems like a great way to sort things out...

The manager has already stated in the announcement that users can freely choose whether to view the AI image's note. I don't know what you're complaining about

I think it was a reply to previous proposals in this thread from other users.

ThankYou for the filter, as an artist I hate AI art so much. also I was far from this site because of it but now I back because of the filter:)

yeah, it's really easy to get board with ai art

So in other news . . . I see Midjourney is no longer free to just use. So maybe . . maaaybe the Ai art will slow down a bit.

AksumkA : I really hope you read this. I just want to add a different perspective from an 8 year long user (from back in the Alpha days):

I enjoy doing AI "artwork" but I also don't like seeing crappy and very similar looking AI generated images being spammed everywhere. But I'm going to use myself as an example to help you take into consideration some additional things:

There is a difference between how people generate AI images. Some enter a couple of prompts and use a combination of tools to generate tons of results each day. They take little consideration of the flaws in their results and just spam it everywhere. Personally however, I pre-create art using Krita and Gimp, this takes me hours or days even. I then use that as a foundation for my AI generated "art". After I've spend hours or days on tweaking and tweaking and rendering over and over I have a result I'm reasonably happy with. Then I take it back into Krita and/or Photoshop and I improve upon the best results I could generate.

So it can easily take me multiple days for one piece of art. And I'm calling it art because of the amount of effort and custom work that goes into it. The reason I'm doing it this way is because it lets me make art while at the same time throwing in some randomness into the piece thanks to the AI. It gives some dynamism to my art which I personally wouldn't have thought of, although I have to fight with it a lot. It also allows me to bring my non-digital art such as pencil sketches to life by scanning it in and using it as a foundation when generating AI images.

All that being said, I've not posted a single piece anywhere on the internet. Why? Because of the sentiment most people have about AI generated images. I dare not post it on ArtStation because it will not be considered art and I'd rather not post it here because people are already tired of it. (I tend to make artistic looking images (some NSFW) and are not aiming at photorealism so maybe people won't realise it is AI unless you know what to look for).

I'm probably in the minority when it comes to how I use AI for art (I'm a software developer and it helped me getting past the technical hurdles early on) but I'm betting you are going to see more and more real artists getting to know how to use AI as a tool to improve their work, especially as the tools become more accessible.

For now I'll keep my work to myself and hopefully it will become more acceptable and less annoying in the future. Just my 2c's, sorry for the wall of text.

The sudden drop in subscribers and favs was expected and leads me to think that there might be a lot of WH users who is missing out on wallpapers they would have liked.

I believe in filters. Nobody should have to see stuff they don't like, but when the default is set to off, deep down in the settings, lots of people will never know that their content is filtered. The NSFW content can be turned on in the search. I would love to see something similar for AI art.

PS. I use the term AI art, not as a statement about art but because that is the current name of the tag.

I like the decision and the default behavior.

Donatello if your AI-Art is better than the crap we saw, pleasse share it. But at this point the norm is, that you see a nice thumbnail and the full image is full of uncanny errors which you will notice if you use it as a Wallpaper.

Hello, I have come to Wuhan, China. I hope to see more authentic pictures of cultural landscapes from abroad

thank you, that is what we all need