90% of new wallpapers are A.I. art from the user Alx, why?

I've been browsing for new wallpapers recently and it seems that 9 out of 10 times the wallpaper I click on comes from the user Alx who creates A.I. art. I don't think AI art is bad, but I don't want any of them as my wallpapers because I can see the bits and pieces that straight up say "this was done by A.I.". I'm talking about weird looking cars, deformed windows, unnatural textures, etc.

Can there be a way to filter A.I. art in the search? A toggle would be nice.

not the best solution but, have you ever try blocking that user so you dont get to see that choppy content you describe? hope this helps.

There are various options, like blacklisting tags, users, or excluding entire categories from your search.

It's not that I'm not a fan, or that I dislike AI art. It's just that when I want a high resolution wallpaper I need the image to look high res, but with AI art it looks choppy and incomplete in a few areas making the wallpaper not as comfortable to use as a regular wallpaper. AI art can look nice, but not always great as a wallpaper.

Feel free to block me. Then you don't have to see my posts.

achillesboi said:

I've been browsing for new wallpapers recently and it seems that 9 out of 10 times the wallpaper I click on comes from the user Alx who creates A.I. art. I don't think AI art is bad, but I don't want any of them as my wallpapers because I can see the bits and pieces that straight up say "this was done by A.I.". I'm talking about weird looking cars, deformed windows, unnatural textures, etc.

Can there be a way to filter A.I. art in the search? A toggle would be nice.

+1, agree with you, I need AI filter

Tag system being abused by AI uploaders should be a revised rule.

Abusing tags or lying out right should be a break of site rules, the tag system is obsolete if it's not enforced. The responsibility of blocking every AI uploader yourself should not be the way to go. AI uploaders should have enough of a spine to clarify their uploads as AI art.

Not much to ask for uploaders to tag their work

it seems like they want everyone else to tag their work or block them instead of doing the job themselves. kinda ironic...

I'm not saying I don't appreciate AI artwork because I don't. The problem is that artificial intelligence art tends to look choppy and incomplete in a few key areas, making it less desirable as a wallpaper than traditional art. It's not always the case, but AI artwork can be pretty.

powerhip said:

Tag system being abused by AI uploaders should be a revised rule. Abusing tags or lying out right AI uploaders should have enough of a spine to clarify their uploads as AI art. it seems like they want everyone else to tag their work or block them instead of doing the job themselves. kinda ironic...

If you actually think that people who upload AI art are deliberately and maliciously hiding it in a bizarre attempt to personally inconvenience you, there's a far bigger issue at play here. Most AI art is tagged as such; the ones that aren't were almost definitely accidents. And if you do find one that slipped through the cracks, you can lend a helping hand and tag it yourself.

But to suggest that it's being done on purpose is ridiculous. But that's the message you're sending when you use language like "lying" and "tag abuse."

That's why users are allowed to add or remove tags.

lumberjacck said:

That's why users are allowed to add or remove tags.

Then it would really, really help if the filter worked. I am getting a user in my feed that posts AI art on occasion, which I have filtered for but despite the fact that have AI art in my blacklists, for some reason doesn't seem to catch the user's AI art posts.

Yeah, if they're going to be allowed to use AI images at least they should moderate the quantity of anime "women" they upload daily

Then it would really, really help if the filter worked. I am getting a user in my feed that posts AI art on occasion, which I have filtered for but despite the fact that have AI art in my blacklists, for some reason doesn't seem to catch the user's AI art posts.

Have you tried blacklisting the user himself?

lumberjacck said:

Have you tried blacklisting the user himself?

I am hesitant to do that because a having user on the black list is rather broad, they post actual meaningful images along with their AI art posts. The former outweighs the latter, so I have always been hoping that my tag filters would have more of an effect only to find out that their is some limitation here that I don't know of.

That must happen because you have subscribed to other tags that many times go along with the AI art tag.

There really should be a button to filter out AI Art, similar to the "General, Anime, People" buttons. Been using this site for years but I had to create an account to blacklist the tag.

Like it or not, those images take time and effort too create too & with how much attention they get and the further development that's happening these days by enthusiasts its safe to say image generation systems are here to stay, just use the damn tag blacklist... Why are there many topics about this when literally all of them have somebody explaining how to add blacklist tags within the first few posts?

Are you offended that somebody didn't use <insert your favorite image editor here>?? Are you unaware that a good AI image takes ages of trying prompts and models?? Are you not supportive of people just starting to get their feet wet in digital art? Did you already forget how some of you got all hot and bothered about "content aware" features of Photoshop and that didn't really change anything about the digital artist industry either??

Again, just use the tag blacklist. There should NOT be a special button for hiding "AI Art", its a stupid idea that we didn't need it in the last few years either. Or do you think all this image generation stuff just started in 2022/2023? half the wallpapers you downloaded over the past few years are AI generated with some touch-ups, stop making a fool out of yourselves, its pathetic.

Why are there many topics about this when literally all of them have somebody explaining how to add blacklist tags within the first few posts?

Blacklisting doesn't seem to be working because clearly barely anyone knows how to do it, and you gotta have an account as well. So these threads will keep popping up, and this site will continue to lose users without accounts.

So it really does need a new button for it.

---

Just because something requires effort doesn't mean its not low quality. Just look at the number of views for the AI Art tag compared to a tag with a similar amount of images. Its half the amount of views in most cases. Clearly shows its low quality, and most people aren't interested.

AI art requires a filter because when you zoom in, 99% of the time there are clear artifacts that make it unusable at full resolution. I'm sick of clicking on an image thinking it looks good, then seeing a ton of distortion when enlarged.

There is significantly more AI art, now that it has become more accessable. It will continue to grow as well, which is why we need a filter now. There's 10 pages of AI art images generated each week, compared to few years ago, when it was a few a month.