Adding AI Art filter

Hi, Could you please add an AI Art filter? All of the AI Art look good on thumbnails but horrible on high res. Thanks.

pb3kv2

All you have to do is add "AI Art" to your blacklist under Settings>Browsing>Tag Blacklist.

It would be nice if we have a button for this while browsing. Sometimes you just want to browse non AI-art since they're so overwhelming and omni-present.. Other times you're looking for any kind of wallpaper. Going into user settings each time is cumbersome.

As much as I enjoy AI art and upload a lot of it, I'm all for an additional switch easily available when searching. AI generated images are here to stay but there's no point in shoving it into people's faces if they don't like it.

Agreed. I like to have a look occasionally but a lot of it is quite low quality and the volume being uploaded is very high. Would be nice to have a filter similar to anime/people

I've already added AI art to my blacklist, but they're still frequently showing up in my Subscriptions feed if I'm subscribed to other tags on the same image. Does anybody know of a sure fire way to disable them completely on this site? Do I have to start blacklisting users who upload AI-generated images as well?

You're only seeing a lot of it because it's a popular fad right now. Eventually it'll get old and people won't upload it as often.

When Cyberpunk 2077 came out, people uploaded hundreds of screenshots, and users took to the forums begging and demanding that CP2077 content be either censored, limited, or even banned entirely. Now users don't even notice them anymore. The same is true for AI art and it will eventually end up the same way.

Also, don't forget that Hogwarts Legacy just came out; we'll probably be inundated with screenshots from that game here soon, and I fully expect to see threads from people demanding that all those images being limited or filtered too.

It's the Circle of Life~!

GenreLeap said:

You're only seeing a lot of it because it's a popular fad right now. Eventually it'll get old and people won't upload it as often.

It's been months already and it's not slowing down. We really need a filter before I lose my goddamn mind. Even blacklisting the most prolific uploaders and the names of the programs/generators that they're using doesn't completely block such images.

Netsnipe said:

It's been months already and it's not slowing down.

That checks. Most every fad that blows through here lasts on average 6 months to a year, depending on its real-world popularity.

Just wait, I can already see The Twins from the new Atomic Heart game shooting up in popularity and will probably be the next bee in your bonnet here shortly.

A mix of tag and user blacklisting should filter out 80% of AI art wallpapers. Also, reporting wallpapers that had the AI art tag removed is useful.

lumberjacck said:

A mix of tag and user blacklisting should filter out 80% of AI art wallpapers. Also, reporting wallpapers that had the AI art tag removed is useful.

I usually also need to tag atleast 20 pictures whenever I log in.

I've reported 2 pics abusing tag system for lying since I don't want to see AI art, I've also tagged them myself (rightfully since I searched and made sure they were ai art, also easy to spot)

Whoever works as a mod replied to me "just tag them yourself", and "This is not AI art, it is drawn by the artist JueFei Kay."... I googled since the pic was so obviously AI art... the origin of the pic is from artstation from an AI uploader with the same pic being tagged as AI art in artstation. Whoever mods this site either is biased or doesn't do their work properly = thus people wanting to filter AI art being casualties to this flood of images.

I'd hope for a rule for the site that repeated tag abusing results in account removal. I personally don't care if there is AI art here, I don't like the spineless lying with tags.

There are tons of reports out there and the staff are doing what they can. Step by step, it will work out.

lumberjacck said:

There are tons of reports out there and the staff are doing what they can. Step by step, it will work out.

Btw, I didn't mean to rant, and I appreaciate the work you guys are doing. I've loved this site for as long as it's been in the internet and I don't want to see it become an AI echo chamber.

I apologize if my message came out a bit aggressive and I have no right to do that since the service is free for me.

AgentMir said:

It would be nice if we have a button for this while browsing. Sometimes you just want to browse non AI-art since they're so overwhelming and omni-present.. Other times you're looking for any kind of wallpaper. Going into user settings each time is cumbersome.

+1 to this

Bump, please add a + , - filter for A.I. generated Tags pls.

Aquos said:

Bump, please add a + , - filter for A.I. generated Tags pls.

Either do that or have the tag filters apply to subscriptions since the thing that I do keep coming across is that the default answer "just add 'AI Art' to your blacklist" means nothing when it comes to tag subscriptions

99% of AI Art has really bad artifacts when you zoom in, making them completely unusable as wallpapers. There should be much stricter quality standards for AI Art, and most that have already been uploaded are so bad they should be deleted.

If nothing's done about it now, in the next 6 months this website is going to be flooded with it. For example, in 2 weeks Alx has uploaded 10 pages of AI Art. It'd take a real artist 2 years to create and upload that much art.

A few more people like that and it's going to be driving real artists who make actual high quality art out. At the very least, AI Art should be blocked by default or limit AI uploads to 1 per user per week.

Last updated

People are talking about blacklisting but incorporating an ai-art filter is a great idea

I honestly don't mind AI Art or AI Artists, with their generic, defected, and downright wrong look, however, they just spam the shit out of it, and people who defend it are like those crypto boys who would foam their mouth when someone contests their idea of "art". And it's an effort to block the users and tag because they can just not tag it as AI Art.