easy wallpaper slideshow hack for windows

I assume a lot of you already know about this, but i figured i'd share it here for those who don't since it's related to displaying wallpapers.

This is a tweak that will allow you to control 2 things beyond what the stock settings for slideshowing wallpapers on windows allow.

1. the transition time between wallpapers. This is nice because you can allow more overlap from photo to photo and this sometimes reveals cool combos, this gave me the idea for making these 2 wallpapers

3840 x 216022
      3840 x 216013

2. the duration that each wallpaper remains on your desktop before it transitions to the next one, to be more clear you can set it for any amount of time you desire, ie less than 1 minute.

How to:

1. open your registry editor and navigate to here: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Personalization\Desktop Slideshow
    2. create a new Dword(32bit value) and name it AnimationDuration
    3. right click on AnimationDuration and select modify, then select decimal and change the value in the field to a duration you want, This is milliseconds so 5000 will equal 5 seconds(what i have mine set to). This will be the time length for the transition from 1 wallpaper to the next
    4. right click on Interval and select modify, then select decimal and change the value in the field to a duration you want, I have mine set to 13 seconds (13000). This the time the wallpaper will display, part of this time will be in the transitional state, so that being said make sure this value is more than the animation duration value.

You can also use the old Windows 7 desktop background interface using the Run command. It allows you to se the slideshow interval to 10 seconds.