Why anime moving too fast now?

I just watched the most recent episode of CSM and I’m not going to spoil what happens but what happened isn’t a unique thing, however usually it happens a bit later in the run of the series this was only episode eight. Barely a couple arcs into the series.

This isn’t a unique thing for it to happen this early either, AoT did this a lot early on to establish stakes and such things but in general stories feel like they’ve been getting faster and faster at least in Shounen. People used to complain that anime was too slow and stories too long but now it feels like they are all rushing to the end as soon as they start doesn’t it?

I actually like a story that has a defined topic/theme/tale to touch on, and executes it in one fell swoop. There is a place for long drawn stories, or slice of life/episodic pieces with a lot of ground to cover. But as an adult with life, work, and a tight schedule... it gets hard to follow a series or anything that has like 5+ seasons or 100+ episodes. Most shows (and movie sequels) tend to start withering along season 3-4, they loose the main appeal the original had.