My wallpaper was deleted for low quality why?

Because viewed at full resolution you can see signs of low-quality in dark areas. Look at the shadow made by the hair especially.

That's ok!!

few of mine keep getting deleted for "low quality" despite the grain being intentional bc the photos were taken on a film camera or have a film filter lol

I know. I see pixelated anime pictures that don't get deleted buy a picture with intentional grain is deleted... doesn't make any sense.

Annnnnd again. Okay this is getting tiring.

Agreed. This keeps happening, and it is very frustrating! My uploads don't even have a chance to get reported for "low quality"... they just get instantly deleted! Pixelated mirror selfie? Fine! Professionally shot image from Playboy or Sports Illustrated? DELETE.

How do you upload pictures?Who understands?

Our mods may delete images taken by the James Webb Space Telescope due to low quality.

periwrinkles said:

few of mine keep getting deleted for "low quality" despite the grain being intentional bc the photos were taken on a film camera or have a film filter lol

In the pinned thread they state they consider low quality:

Gandalf said:

• Unedited photos. Editing a photo doesn't necessarily mean changing it by adding or removing details. Quite often it is enough to make some minor adjustments to fix over or under exposure, remove some noise, maybe crop and scale the image down a little. However it is very rare for a perfect JPG to come straight out of your camera.
    • Cheap Photoshop effects. Our rules forbid “low quality edits”. Often when somebody has figured out how some of the more basic tools in Photoshop work, they will use (and overuse) them to “improve” pictures they like. Typical symptoms include heavy-handed filters, colorful layer effects and massive fonts. In some cases the outcome still looks acceptable or it's at least debatable whether it was in fact “supposed to look like that”.

So yeah, some filters or effects can be considered tacky and/or cheap by the authorities and they will remove the images. This also seems to go for AI upscaled pictures that don't look fair, crisp, or clean. Even if those mentioned effects are intentional. For example if you upload fanart of your favourite character, and the mods/admins don't consider your style or techinque high quality, it'll be removed.