Correcting Genshin Impact incorrect tags

A lot of Genshin Impact wallpapers are incorrectly tagged as "Anime". The character tags are also submitted under "Anime & Manga > Characters" characters instead of "People > Fictional Characters".

Overwatch also seems to have this issue with characters themselves like 'Widowmaker' being under "Entertainment > Games" instead of as a character.

Are mods able to correct some of these en masse?

actually u can do changes into other people's submissions, if you think some tags are missing u could edit them or even merge a upload with another one.

I've changed quite a few Genshin and Overwatch ones already but it's unrealistic to expect to get them all any time soon. Even a page a day would over a year to complete. That's also only those two specifically. I've seen many that are incorrect tagged as "anime", "Anime girl", "Anime Game" etc just because they are 'eastern'. Can the admins not mass change them? No Overwatch or Genshin images hould be tagged as Anime as there is no japanese animated series for either. Even if you argued the art style, A lot of those images still wouldn't count.

The Genshin Impact developers describe their own game as "anime-style." it is animated using traditional anime style tropes.

Therefore, it is anime.

GenreLeap said:

The Genshin Impact developers describe their own game as "anime-style." it is animated using traditional anime style tropes.

Therefore, it is anime.

As I said in my post, it's not just Genshin although that is the one I initially noticed. If the source material is "anime" does that make everything that spawns from it "anime" as well? What is "anime" style when looking at a huge amount of these Genshin pictures? There's massive variation between them and some are so different they might not even look like the original characters anymore to some people. Then there's the fact that Anime is a specific word relating to an animation style/origin. So calling game characters "anime" removes the filter that it should be adding. It's already strange enough that the site uses "Anime" as a category alongside "General" and "People" just to appeal to certain audiences. Tags are made so you can narrow down what you're looking for even more by choosing a certain aspect of the photo. When so many are labelled with "Anime" just because, it removes that point. By the sites own logic, EVERYTHING under "Anime" should be tagged as "Anime" no? Then the staff decided to temp ban me for a week for re-tagging genshin posts with "Video Game / character/girls/boys" with the message "Stop removing the anime tag from genshin". They would've been well aware of my intentions from this post and did nothing about it. After that week of being tempbanned, I was unbanned with the ability to retag given back to me. It was then taken away again with no notice, no warning, and not officially since according the the site, I have no tempban. I made a forum post about it and they deleted it. I made another and they ignored it. The staff are just abusing power at this point.

TL;DR - It's not just Genshin. Anime is being used as a clickbait term. Staff saw this post and ignored it then perma tag banned me for no reason. They refuse to answer and have even hidden my forum posts.

@TheFalseFury

Actually the mods have stated in the past on a few occasions that because the Anime category exists, individual tags like "anime, anime boy, anime girl," etc should not even exist.

As for my personal experiences, I have noticed that if something was originally anime, such as Dragonball Z for example, and someone draws a DBZ character in a deliberately Westernized fashion, it's not put in the Anime Category, and goes into General.

It would logically follow that for Genshin Impact, if someone uploads wallpapers that depict the characters in their original, anime style forms, they would be categorized as Anime, and all the wallpapers that deliberately render characters in an exaggerated, unusual, Western, or otherwise atypical form would fall under General. Because that's the system that everyone has been using for all the other stuff.

GenreLeap said:

@TheFalseFury

Actually the mods have stated in the past on a few occasions that because the Anime category exists, individual tags like "anime, anime boy, anime girl," etc should not even exist.

As for my personal experiences, I have noticed that if something was originally anime, such as Dragonball Z for example, and someone draws a DBZ character in a deliberately Westernized fashion, it's not put in the Anime Category, and goes into General.

It would logically follow that for Genshin Impact, if someone uploads wallpapers that depict the characters in their original, anime style forms, they would be categorized as Anime, and all the wallpapers that deliberately render characters in an exaggerated, unusual, Western, or otherwise atypical form would fall under General. Because that's the system that everyone has been using for all the other stuff.

If that's the case then I agree with them. It doesn't make sense that those exist with the apparent current system, but if the "Anime" category was just "Fictional" then you could have those individual ones. My personal take is that "Anime" should be for "Anime/Manga". Everything else has it's own tags. They're currently opperating in a weird place.

When it comes to "General" vs "Anime", the issue is that "Anime" in terms of style is not one specific thing. There are many of them. So unless you use the origin of the source material as your method of narrowing it down it becomes a weird set of blurred lines.