Suggestion for Mods when checking wallpapers for quality

I have my DPI in windows set to 175% because I like my text, icons, and apps extra large ( how it used to look back in the day on Windows 7 with lower resolution). Firefox and other browsers synchronize with windows to match your selected DPI. For example in my case wallpapers display at 175 % of their original size in my browser, so they'll look a lot worse then they actually are.

sorry if you already knew this, but i assume most people don't have their dpi set to 100% on 4k displays (I think 150% is the default for 4K), otherwise everything is tiny so I figured it's worth a mention. Type DPI in your windows search bar if you want to check what yours is

Last updated

I think there's a setting in windows where you can set your icons and text extra large. If you set everything to 175% you'll see it all distorted.

lumberjacck said:

I think there's a setting in windows where you can set your icons and text extra large. If you set everything to 175% you'll see it all distorted.

Everything isn't set to 175%. DPI does exactly what you said and just bumps up the scale on certain things like text and icons, but because of the way internet browsers are configured to sync with windows in regard to DPI they also display images at the dpi scale (IDK who made this decision but I don't like it). So when you click an image on this site a couple times to expand it to 100% (according to your browser) it's actually being viewed at 175%.

Isn't there an option to view 100% of the image? Firefox has it.

that's weird, almost all uploads here have high resolutions, im using 100% DPI with full HD and all wallpapers looks sharp.

what's your resolution? because using 175% could be messing with your graphics drivers, when u show a picture online in most of the cases u dont see the 100% resolution pic, u see an optimized one as preview, changing the DPI maybe is making the preview go larger and makes it looks blurry. As Lumberjacck said, try making your icons/texts large but not your dpi, it will mess with almost all viewports in programs/web browsers.

U are not using bigger presets, only making the existing ones biggers by force, remember images are Vectors or pixels, vectors can re scale without any problems, but pixels can go biggers that what it is, the ammount of pixeles in your pic is always the same.