3rd party apps no longer working?

For the past few days, 3rd party apps, like John's Background Switcher and the Wallhaven app from the Microsoft store, haven't been connecting. Has anyone else seen this or did something change with the site recently?

It's pretty annoying... No matter what app I use on Android or Windows they're unable to load/download anything for multiple days now.

I'm guessing they made a change to the API which is the usual way third party apps work

Same problem. Tried several apps. None of them connect. On one app I get the message "handshake failed".. Don't know what to do..

hakanbook said:

Same problem. Tried several apps. None of them connect. On one app I get the message "handshake failed".. Don't know what to do..

Try clearing cache and restart your phone, delete temp files. It's working fine for me. Also try stopping some heavy running apps in background..

@Sékeretnek said:

hakanbook said:

Try clearing cache and restart your phone, delete temp files. It's working fine for me. Also try stopping some heavy running apps in background..

Thank you. I've tried this out. Cleared cache. Restarted phone. It doesn't work. I tried now 4 different apps regarding wallhaven. None of them work. Never had any problems like this since the last few days

hakanbook said:

@Sékeretnek said:

hakanbook said:

Thank you. I've tried this out. Cleared cache. Restarted phone. It doesn't work. I tried now 4 different apps regarding wallhaven. None of them work. Never had any problems like this since the last few days

then it's probably some kinda glitch it'll be fine soon

Same for my rainmeter skin, and i can't acces the website from the old Internet Explorer.

For anyone wondering, it seems they updated the accepted ssl protocol version. Just upgrade your apps to use Tls1.2 and you will be good to go. I tried it and it works. Cheers!

follow-up: I ran a test on the Authorize window in John's Background Switcher today and it was successful. I didn't make any changes to my computer. My TLS 1.2 was already enabled.