[Windows] Wallhaven Wallpaper

# WHaven Wallpaper

WHaven Wallpaper is a desktop wallpaper change program for change your wallpapers directly from wallhaven.

Github Repo (Without apikey version)

Bitbucket Repo (For apikey version)

## Features

• You have a search option so you can select your backgrounds.

• You can also select categories too (General/Anime/People)

• You have sorting option so you can sort and change search in what you need.

• You can select results so you can change wallpapers if you don't like them.

• You also have a link from wallpaper so you can favorite it from wallhaven or save it.

• You can save automatically in wallpapers so you don't actually need to download wallpapers and you can off this option from options.

• WHaven Wallpaper has automatic function. It means you can select next image automatically in (Insert number here)[sec/min/hr].

• You also have progress and status bar so you can follow progress.

• It is only 0.5 MB and very lightweight.

• When you minimize app, the app creates a tray icon in your taskbar and is hidden. When you click the tray icon app will be visible and you can use app again.

## Installation/Download

You can download program in releases section.

For apikey version check downloads

-Program requires Windows 10 or +, .Net Framework 4.8+ and Visual C++ redistributable.

## Build

You can build .sln file from Visual Studio 2019. It requires C++/CLI support feature, .Net Desktop feature, Universal Windows Platform feature and Visual Studio C++ development features.

## Linux and Mac OS versions?

I lost all my motivation while writing this app. but if you gave me motivation(E.G: give project a star), I can write Linux and Mac OS versions with CEF(Chromium Embedded Framework) or GTK(or maybe with QT idk).

## Feature Requests

• I accept feature requests, but if these features change this app completely i may reject them.

• If you create a feature request, please tell me the location of that feature too..

## Bugs and Issues

I tested my app but probably still some bugs out there because I don't have testers. You can create issue for bugs.

## Contributing

Pull requests are welcome. For major changes, please open an issue first to discuss what you would like to change.

I am also looking for a job dm me or mail me if interested: [email protected]

## License GPL-3.0-or-later

Last updated

Nice Program Is it possible to add a preview before changing?

nice work, thanks for share sir!

angryman106 said:

Helpful like.

Thank You!

mahdix18 said:

Nice Program Is it possible to add a preview before changing?

Thanks! I actually thought about it, but I really don't know where I can add that preview, and I have more questions about preview too. You can create issue from github for discussion.

JorgeR said:

nice work, thanks for share sir!

Thanks for replying too! It makes me happy!

Last updated

Since there were API support in your app, may I request for Collections feature too.

tunbk1002 said:

Since there were API support in your app, may I request for Collections feature too.

That is a good idea, I will add that tomorrow(Why not today? Because It’s late in here. I’ll sleep)

Thanks for making the program. I don't use it - linux user and btw, I don't use arch - but I think it is nice that you did it and share it.

Version 1.0.1

Added Collections.

Please report bugs if exist.

tunbk1002 said:

Hello I added collections feature in app and published. You can check in releases section.

jclima said:

Thanks for making the program. I don't use it - linux user and btw, I don't use arch - but I think it is nice that you did it and share it.

Thank you so much ^^/

Added 22 minutes after

Version 1.0.2

Hotfix for upgrading from old versions to new versions

Please report bugs if exist.

Last updated

EndChapter said:

Hello I added collections feature in app and published. You can check in releases section.

Thank you so much sir! Btw, the previous version allways exit suddenly without saving current session. Just tried new version and it close right after my private default collection found

Last updated

Version 1.0.3

This version fixing app closing bug.

You can check in releases section.

tunbk1002 said:

EndChapter said:

Thank you so much sir! Btw, the previous version allways exit suddenly without saving current session. Just tried new version and it close right after my private default collection found

Thank you for reporting this bug! I think I fixed your program closing issue in new version. Can you check it? And for saving can you check your options? "Save My Search When Quitting" will be checked for saving app state.

Last updated

EndChapter said:

Thank you for reporting this bug! I think I fixed your program closing issue in new version. Can you check it? And for saving can you check your options? "Save My Search When Quitting" will be checked for saving app state.

Nothing change at all sir. The program still crash after a while, collection searching is the same but modify the .json file can make collection work. About the saving session, I did check the save option, the program crashed instead of quitting. It just disappear from running process silently. I'm using windows 10.

tunbk1002 said:

EndChapter said:

Nothing change at all sir. The program still crash after a while, collection searching is the same but modify the .json file can make collection work. About the saving session, I did check the save option, the program crashed instead of quitting. It just disappear from running process silently. I'm using windows 10.

Hi I send you a message for this bug. Can you check your inbox? Don't worry we will fix this and You can also create issue from issues section for discussion too. I really don't like spamming messages in here and sorry about that.

Hello,

Is is possible to just have it running random wallapapers on Wallhaven based on the category I choose? Also, I get an error when processon .json. Do I have to set it up somehow? Not the most technichal guy here.

Thanks sir.

soliero said:

Hello,

Is is possible to just have it running random wallapapers on Wallhaven based on the category I choose? Also, I get an error when processon .json. Do I have to set it up somehow? Not the most technichal guy here.

Thanks sir.

Yes my program already have that check your sorting section. And when do you get this error? Can you help me for recreating the issue? and can you try to delete the whaven-wallpaper-config.json file?

Added 36 minutes after

I will no longer offer the apikey version of the program from github. Instead, you will check this comment for apikey version. (created new repo and changed link)https://bitbucket.org/endchapter/whaven-wallpaper/downloads/

Added 46 minutes after

I am going the create new repo for apikey version because my app is open source which means you will see all code in it.

Added 2 hours after

v1.0.5 Fixed a collection bug(Not resetting result variable when clicking collection search)

You can check in releases section. You can check apikey version in downloads section.

Last updated