Favorite literature character of all times?

Let's discuss our favorite literature characters. Mine could be Ignatius Reilly from Confederacy of Dunces or perhaps the "City Rat" from Suttree. Actually, I do not know which character is the best written, those are just two that immediately came to my head as I started writing this post. If you do feel that this question is worth your time, I would love to hear the reasoning behind your choice.

points at username

There's a lot of theory on magic in literature and I really love Tolkin's approach. He's literally a god and has powers to match the title, which you get hints of. But he's only really allowed to influence others as a guide and barely does anything obviously god-like, except when fighting someone on the same level (Balrog). So much more subtle than the blatant power beams and lightning thrown around by other wizards…

Last updated

Charlie Gordon in Flowers for Algernon. Now that is one complex character who undergoes some serious changes, and we get to learn all about it on the way through. I wrote an essay about this character recently and with some help of writing service here I got the highest score in the class. Great option for students.

Last updated

That would be Grand Admiral Thrawn from the Star Wars books by Timothy Zahn. A master strategist, he takes anticipating the opponent's moves to the next level, being able to see several moves ahead. He believed that the artistic inclinations of one person could define his future actions, and he was often correct.

johnsmith55 said:

Charlie Gordon in Flowers for Algernon. Now that is one complex character who undergoes some serious changes, and we get to learn all about it on the way through. I wrote an essay about this character recently and with some help of writing service here I got the highest score in the class. Great option for students.

100% true

I actually don't know since there is a lot of characters i really liked.

Probably one of main characters from Lord of the Rings...

sherlock holmes

Sir Harry Paget Flashman VC, KCB, KCIE and Cugel