Error when reporting duplicates after a warning and temporal ban

I've got an warning and a temporal ban when reported some duplicated images. The message warned me that the ban is temporal (1 week?) I'm not sure.

However I'm still not able to report these two for example: https://wallhaven.cc/w/135wzg https://wallhaven.cc/w/dgrv2o

The message in the UI is: "Something when wrong. Sorry :/"

P.S. The wording of the message before the ban was not easy to understand for me. Adding some URL to explanation in the forums will be better. The message is for the case when it can't be determined which image is the good (not upscaled and processed in other ways).

The issue in the past from what I remember was you reported the same wall(s) for the exact same reason without reading the message that said "provide a source then we'll merge." If they were different walls it's understandable but since you reported the exact same wall it seemed intentional (since some people report the same wall over and over again thinking it will change if they don't follow the instructions posted on the report clear message). The ban was supposed to be temporary and clear a month ago, but it seemed like the system glitched so I manually unbanned you now.

Also, I would not normally merge one of those two walls because it seems like they are cropped versions of an original, but since one has some very noticeable color banding I will merge that one into the lower resolution where it isn't as noticeable.

Last updated

"provide a source then we'll merge." Given that I met this response for the first time (as opposed to some admin that deals with it regularly) IMO the wording could be changed. Example: "We noticed artefacts - upscaling, banding, etc. We can't make final decision. Please provide a source/external image for reference." The "provide source" part was particularly confusing for me - I didn't get that it should be external image.

Another point about the reporting flow: Normally if there is pending report on an image - it can't be reported. But if it is classified as "provide source", it again can be reported. And there is no any warning. What about adding some info message after "Report image" button is pressed: "This image was reported before. We are searching for an external reference image." For the older images it's hard to find anything. I'm using tineye.com and google image search. Very frequently the indexed sites are dead or changed and there is some other content.