I've been banned. Why?

I think the measure of banning me, for uploading images, is unwise, because I " failed to comply with the rules " about the categorization of my posts. It is stated that, "I was warned several times about that issue". There must be a problem here, I don't have a record of such warnings in my file.

If errors are punished by these kinds of measures, I find them disproportionate, because:

a) There is a communication problem.

b) The rules are not clear enough, for some users (as it can be in my case, I do not question it).

c) The reiteration of non-compliances, if there is really a will to find channels that lead to solve the mistakes made by users, I do not think that the way is to "muzzle" the reckless ones, which I repeat, I can be one of them. However, if there is a desire to help, consult what the rules are that are not clear to users.

d) For the previous point, the noncompliance of 100% of the rules, can lead to the repetition of the errors, and end up in the closing of the account, because it would be interpreted as being done ex profeso.

e) There is no direct way to deal with Wallhaven (via email for example), and find the need to make this publication, with the intention of requesting the collaboration of some administrator(s) or users, who are well disposed to extend their hand.

David Nathaniel Katzenbach

Are you seriously saying there is no record of you receiving warning? On your profile page alone there are 2 clearly visible posts by an admin telling you to put women in the people category. https://wallhaven.cc/user/DavidNK

This is just a temporary ban, but if we see you upload a bunch of people into the general category rather than people after the ban is up it can easily turn into a permanent one.

With your answer, you have confirmed all my words. Mistakes are taken as "ex profeso", when they can be due to not understanding with clarity the rules. As opposed to being a little "more open" about what a subscriber might not understand, and extending a hand to help, an immediate measure is a ban or account close.

While I admit I didn't have in mind your two "warnings", it doesn't detract from my point. To be more forgiving and helping and not first shooting and then asking.

You're the administrator, and possibly the owner of the domain, when I'm simply a user who makes "free use" of your site. It's in your power and spirit to close my account.Unfortunately, today, many sites proceed using this way. Severe warnings, banning, and accounts being closed.

The World Wide Web is growing more and more autistic, with communications between Web owners and users becoming more and more distant.

I'm sorry if I've upset you with anything you might interpret as inappropriate behavior, or violation of rules.

I know clearly what rules are, and I don't break them by bothering someone.

Only the unpleasantness leads to an attitude of restricting collaboration at Wallhaven.

And that is unfortunate.

But I repeat, the site is your property.

David Nathaniel Katzenbach