How are you holding up?

How are you holding up with the corona virus situation. Schools and colleges are pretty much closed and will continue to be until a few months into the summer. What is the situation around you? I hope you are doing well.

I lick every doorknob and handle I can so I can get this virus out of the way with and go about my daily life after. /s

I'm currently attending college in Brazil and although the state I'm in doesn't have cases of coronavirus, yesterday the college closed until April 15, as a form of prevention. Several people still don't believe in how severe the covid-19 can be.

On the east coast of Canada. University's, Concerts, Restaurants , K-12 School, College, Daycare, pretty much any social gathering. work is shutting down tomorrow at 2 for two weeks. its pretty surreal

Here in Rio the justice system is closed for the next 30 days, and there's no hearings for the next 60 days, only urgent cases are being analyzed. Schools and universities are closed for the next 15 to 30 days. Beaches, gyms and malls are now closed. Restaurants must reduce their tables down to 1/3 and buses only allow sitting passengers, to avoid a large groups of people on public transportation. There's no shortage of toilet paper. I just checked and there's 349 registered cases here in Brazil, and today we had the first death, stay safe guys!

Last updated

Thanks for the good thought. Here, in the hospital, things aren't looking good. We barely have resources and equipment for everyone. For now it's not too bad, we only have around 250 infections (Romania), but I'm afraid we won't be able to handle too much. I am also very concerned about the long-term economic impact. With the halting of production in China and the disruption of worldwide supply chains, I can only think of the worst. Nobody knows, but what do you think of the future? What products will become more expensive months from now?

Also in Brazil, things are starting to get complicated, even though there are few cases. Schools closing, everyone working from home or not at all, all my music festivals canceled ;-;

This might not go away at all, it's a thing now. I'm mostly worried about the aftermath and consequences as lumberjacck mentioned.

Be safe you guys!

Never expected to experience something like this in my life time. It is really scary over here in India too. we are at the lowest positive count yet, but the count is rising rapidly everyday. I am currently on WFH status until April 1st but that too is making me crazy now. Not sure if the things will go back to how they were.

lumberjacck said:

Nobody knows, but what do you think of the future? What products will become more expensive months from now?

To be honest, I don't know. Lots of pubs and restaurants are closed here. People are relying on grocery stores, but the stores here are doing good job re stocking the shelves. Who knows how long it will continue for.

bhavyatayal said:

I am currently on WFH status until April 1st but that too is making me crazy now.

I think it will continue to be so into the summer. The count we see are the people who are diagnosed. There could be lots of undiagnosed people.

404011xz said:

I lick every doorknob and handle I can so I can get this virus out of the way with and go about my daily life after. /s

There is this one girl on tiktok who created corona virus challenge by licking the toilet seat. WTF?

Be safe everyone!

So many brazilians in here, nice.

Here in Brazil the situation is getting worse day after day and the president doesn't take the matter seriously. The peak of the disease is expected to begin in April and last until June.

The night is darkest before the dawn.

Fiquem em casa.

Stay safe.

Hey, I'm new in the forum. I'm from Brazil too, so the news aren't much different from the ones above.

Also, the president took "not taking the matter seriously" to another level yesterday. He made an announcement where he compared the disease with a "little cold", and said everyone should leave their homes and keep living, basically discarding 60+ yo people's lives. It was disgusting, even UK gave up on this idea and he even made it worse.

I don't know what is gonna happen from now on, but at least most people I know don't trust this dumb idea, but maybe their bosses and misinstructed people do, and that's where danger is.

People in the favelas already couldn't do the quarantine because there usually are a lot of people living in the same houses in a single room, but if everyone leaves quarantine, not only they will still be exposed for the virus faster, but they also they won't get hospital treatment because the people in better financial conditions will be occupying the spaces in public hospitals.

We should follow Korea's example because is the closer case we could consider when planning the counter measures, but all we have is a dumb president with "athletic history".

Sorry for the text, I'm just pissed.

Fiquem em casa enquanto der.

Stay safe.

Added 14 minutes after

Oh, I said there wouldn't be much different news than the comments before, but actually no one mentioned this yet:

Currently, our numbers of corona virus cases show we're having a similar infection curve than the one from Italy, and comparing the number of cases for each day like "14th day since the first identified infected person", we are worse than Italy. Also, the virus is spreading in more than one center in the country, so our situation might go even worse if the authorities don't do the responsible actions to stop it.

Yeah, I'd say we're pretty much doomed, I feel like I've never comprehended this little guy so well:

Last updated

I'm a Chinese, we also experience the corona virus, but with the help of all people and government, we also manage to go through difficulty. Thanks for help from world, and virus is spread aroud world, so "Go China, Go world"!

gurrenPizza

We hopefully that with the early isolation our situation don't be worse than of Italy or no so serious...

Stay safe, guys.

Hello guys. i'm from iran and its been 3 weeks that we are in quarantine. There are Bad news every day here and i'm about to get MAD...!

I hope that people from all over the world are supposed to put down prejudice,the new coronavirus is not a Wuhan virus, nor a Chinese virus, nor is it an Asian virus. We can’t believe some stigma. We have all seen the huge sacrifices and contributions made by China to this epidemic. What we do is not stigma but understanding and helping each other. Only in this way will the epidemic end. The hatred will not let the virus eradicate, never.

66684 said:

I hope that people from all over the world are supposed to put down prejudice,the new coronavirus is not a Wuhan virus, nor a Chinese virus, nor is it an Asian virus. We can’t believe some stigma. We have all seen the huge sacrifices and contributions made by China to this epidemic. What we do is not stigma but understanding and helping each other. Only in this way will the epidemic end. The hatred will not let the virus eradicate, never.

Thank you, I appreciate it

It's not that bad if your family is healthy and can work from home.

But it's curious to see how can some people get reinfected, that is just so sketchy.

european said:

But it's curious to see how can some people get reinfected, that is just so sketchy.

The cases of reinfections are not very well documented. There are many factors involved and there's much we don't know.

The patients that have recovered from their infection are on their way to clearing the virus as their immune system hunts down every infected cell and stray virion. But there are still lingering viral fragments around; so we're basically talking about false positives.

But it’s also sometimes the case that the test yields a false negative result; maybe the swab didn’t pick up enough material or was mishandled, so the next retest turning up positive could be catching the original infection, not a new one.

The virus can't mutate that fast. The only true cases of reinfections seem to be those patients with prior immunodeficiency.

So, I'm skeptical about these reinfections, from what I've noticed so far.

Hi from France; we're all locked home since 3 weeks now.

I'm pretty lucky as I usually work from home and have a few square meters outside where I can walk and breathe.

I have a special thought for everyone locked in a small place with no air; I hope you git gud.

The crisis we live now is really special; the whole world is slowing down. I really hope the casualties won't be too high globally.

People in Paris noticed a decrease of the noise pollution of about 90%; air is less polluted too. People spotted fishes in the Marseille port, which was impossible a few weeks ago. In my city, I can hear birds, and the air seems cleaner. I guess every one locked in a city can see that kind of changes

When all this will be over, what would you do? business as usual ? resume your life as if nothing happened? I guess it's reassuring to do so, but I really think that's not the solution.

I don't want to continue living mindlessly, destroying everything around us.

These are my thoughts on the plague : a forced questioning of our way of life.

Anyway, hold out and take care!

holding up okay, lockdown has been in effect 2 or 3 weeks now, was stepped up to Level 3 last week in Victoria, other states across Australia i am not sure what level of lockdown they are in as we dont get news broadcasted from them.

hate being in lock down as it is though, driving me crazy not being able to do the things i was doing before.

I'm from Puerto Rico. We've been under curfew for weeks now, although recently it got tightened up even more. I'm guessing the government doesn't want to screw up an emergency a third time (the other two fuckups being Hurricane Maria and the southern earthquakes around January). No matter their motive, it's important to strike early in a situation like this, so overall I'm satisfied so far.

I've been hearing of people disregarding the curfew, despite the threat of arrest. Just today, some people were casually hitting the beach. The mayor of the municipality told them to GTFO or they'd get arrested, since the cops were on their way. No idea what happened afterward, but I can only hope that everyone else gets scared off from today's incident. If these things keep happening, we're in for a total lockdown.

On a personal level, my family and I are doing okay. Well, besides the fact that there's no way to relieve stress since we're all cooped up like this. Funny how despite the literal pandemic, these damned online classes are the bigger threat to my mental well-being (for now).

WRT kure's post, I hope this is the catalyst for people realizing just how much damage humans do to our planet. When we shut ourselves off, nature started recovering. We're seeing it with our own eyes, we can't deny it any longer.

Sorry for the weird long effortpost, I think being shut in for so long made me chattier, haha. Hopefully someone finds this interesting.

My sympathies to everyone who's posted so far, as meaningless as that might be. Stay safe, and take care of yourselves.

Sorry for the weird long effortpost, I think being shut in for so long made me chattier, haha. Hopefully someone finds this interesting.

Not weird at all. It also makes you think how lonely some people feel :(

drgrumbles said:

hate being in lock down as it is though, driving me crazy not being able to do the things i was doing before.

Oh man, I don't know what to say to you. I am not much of an outdoors person, but I can understand how you might feel. I hope everything will be okay soon.

Hey everyone, it's brazil guy again

our numbers have been going like an endless highway rollescoaster but guess what, we're stopping quarantine, yay!

still hope you're all doing well,

take care!

I still didn't met any person who have or had or know someone with corona virus.