Deleted because low quality?

Had the same, problem, wall deleted because of supposed low quality. There should be a topic for this.

All deleted wallpapers were low quality with an expalantion of reason why. I don't see a problem...

Last updated

^ Me neither, and therein lies the problem. Namely, the person who deleted my wall mentioned artifacts which I can't for the life of me spot at all (not visually impaired in any way, have a pretty good monitor). So it's the subjective take of one person over another. The point of a topic would be so that others could chime in as to whether the wallpaper should be deleted.

I fully understand garbage wallpapers being deleted because they were enlarged 12x their original resolution or something, but the closer we get to the "ok threshold", the more difficult it gets to tackle the issue.

It occurred to me, it might be a good idea to have a "marked as lq" options for wallpapers, which users can chose to view through a toggle option or not.

@Sunsetter said:

It occurred to me, it might be a good idea to have a "marked as lq" options for wallpapers, which users can chose to view through a toggle option or not.

I would like this a lot, considering that a lot of the walls that have been deleted and that I had a chance to look at, do just fine for me.

Getting the same problem with a super high quality well composed wallpaper. I'm guessing either A some miserable user is reporting everything to an unrealistic standard or B a moderator is taking any opportunity to use mod powers for their kicks. If you moderate this way you literally not fit to be a moderator.

Convictj

Not me who deleted it, but you've posted the same LQ wallpaper of a girl holding a banana 5 times. Each case the image was extremely noisy and had tons of quality issues. In all honesty if I were you I'd be grateful to not have received a 1 week or 1 month ban for reuploading so many variants of a LQ wall. In one case, it looked like you just mirrored it vertically. So consider this your final warning on the matter. Do not reupload that god awful, noisy wallpaper again.

I re-uploaded the higher quality version of the image for it to get removed still. I even removed some of her blemishes and added a slight vignette. It's over 3k in width, and not any more noisy than wallhavens top favorited photographs of people on this site.

What's really happening is a moderator is abusing their powers and is removing wallpapers based on their opinion on if they like them or not. This site already has a system to sort out wallpapers based on what people like. Moderator's opinion aren't any more important than anybody else's.

Plus "if I were you I'd be grateful to not have received a 1 week or 1 month ban" doesn't make sense because if you're banned from a site with unfit moderators who abuse their power, then it's more a blessing in disguise. So don't act like you're morally superior when you're not. The only reason I haven't left this website yet is I think reasonable people can be reasoned with, and the abuse of mod powers trend could be reversed.

Last updated

thanks for deleting following picture:

https://wallhaven.cc/w/kwvl7q

there are some pixels under the eye if you zoom in like 10x because that makes sense on that kind of picture, sure.

kalo

When admins review wallpapers they view them at the full resolution they are posted at because they assume that is how the uploader wants them to be viewed. Generally we do not like upscales, which this appears to be, because of the loss in quality. Besides some artifacts in the eyes, I can see obvious pixelation and discoloration in darker areas such as the gloves. If you can find a lower resolution that may be truer to the original image and that looks good at the full resolution you are free to upload it. Note: I did not delete this wall

Last updated

well i did not upscale this image and I don't know if it is or not, that's why I always post the source website. I am not gonna look for a smaller version as I clearly don't see what everyone else sees.

Convictj said:

I re-uploaded the higher quality version of the image for it to get removed still. I even removed some of her blemishes and added a slight vignette. It's over 3k in width, and not any more noisy than wallhavens top favorited photographs of people on this site.

What's really happening is a moderator is abusing their powers and is removing wallpapers based on their opinion on if they like them or not. This site already has a system to sort out wallpapers based on what people like. Moderator's opinion aren't any more important than anybody else's.

Plus "if I were you I'd be grateful to not have received a 1 week or 1 month ban" doesn't make sense because if you're banned from a site with unfit moderators who abuse their power, then it's more a blessing in disguise. So don't act like you're morally superior when you're not. The only reason I haven't left this website yet is I think reasonable people can be reasoned with, and the abuse of mod powers trend could be reversed.

Me too. I had this same issue with my wallpaper I get from another wallpaper site upload them as 1920x1080 to Wallhaven and for some reason, some staff members remove it because it was reported for Low Quality (blurry) Someone is clear abuse the report system.

Oh, someone left Mr. Obsession About Tiny Artifacts Somewhere On A Black Background with the delete button again.

VincentTL

Well it was a 4x or so upscale so anybody could clearly see the blocky pixels in the hand when viewed at the full uploaded resolution. Nothing to really debate.

It wasn't upscaled. It's literally source res. annnnnnd I'm done with this website. Was good while it was good. You moderator's hallucinate; believing whatever is desirable without even opening your eyes, proceeding to use your powers when it's unnecessary.

Convictj said:

It wasn't upscaled. It's literally source res. annnnnnd I'm done with this website. Was good while it was good. You moderator's hallucinate; believing whatever is desirable without even opening your eyes, proceeding to use your powers when it's unnecessary.

I was referring to kalo's upload not yours when I spoke about the pixelation in the hands. Either way yours had a lot of noise.

404011xz said:

Convictj said:

I was referring to kalo's upload not yours when I spoke about the pixelation in the hands. Either way yours had a lot of noise.

I think they are the same person. They just forgot to switch accounts

3440MasterRace

I'm assuming because of the color banding and pixelation in parts of it (most noticeably in darker parts). If you lower the resolution to about half of its value it might solve the issue. If you do that I suggest you look at darker parts to make sure there isn't a lot of discoloration left over.

404011xz said:

3440MasterRace

I'm assuming because of the color banding and pixelation in parts of it (most noticeably in darker parts). If you lower the resolution to about half of its value it might solve the issue. If you do that I suggest you look at darker parts to make sure there isn't a lot of discoloration left over.

all I did with this photo was increase the width, change the color and light, use blur for the background. it's all. I don’t know where you saw the pixels there - show me, maybe I'm blind. in any case, the main thing in such photos is not the background, I just tried to make it wider without loss of quality.

3440MasterRace said:

all I did with this photo was increase the width, change the color and light, use blur for the background. it's all. I don’t know where you saw the pixels there - show me, maybe I'm blind. in any case, the main thing in such photos is not the background, I just tried to make it wider without loss of quality.

The problem with StasyQ wallpapers is that they are mostly screenshots from videos, therefore most of them are low quality. The one you uploaded has visible little... squares. Here's exactly where:

https://imgur.com/a/CltSRlI

It's not your fault, the original is bad.

lumberjacck said:

3440MasterRace said:

The problem with StasyQ wallpapers is that they are mostly screenshots from videos, therefore most of them are low quality. The one you uploaded has visible little... squares. Here's exactly where:

https://imgur.com/a/CltSRlI

It's not your fault, the original is bad.

Oh i get it, I didn’t edit the upper right part of the photo, I didn’t even look at that place. I don’t agree with the screenshots of the video - this photo was taken from a photoset.

3440MasterRace said:

I don’t agree with the screenshots of the video - this photo was taken from a photoset.

Ah, ok; I'm not sure 100%, it was just a guess.

lumberjacck said:

3440MasterRace said:

I don’t agree with the screenshots of the video - this photo was taken from a photoset.

Ah, ok; I'm not sure 100%, it was just a guess.

I can give u link in pm)

I just got my super high res Olivia Brower uploads removed. Who the hell is moderating this site? Those uploads were ,afaik, original uploads by the photographer. There are NO higher quality photos of Olivia out there.