Wallhaven Extender (Chrome Extension)

Wallhaven Extender is a chrome browser extension that adds download and slideshow links directly onto all the thumbnails across the site (search/latest/category/forum/etc), making it easier to download wallpapers you like.

The image slideshow expands to fill the screen inline on the current page (accessed by clicking "Popout"), so you can inspect the images in full(er) resolution and download them without opening a new tab. Slideshows contain all the wallpapers available on the page (except in the forum) and will automatically load new content as you scroll through.

Video of slideshow

The slideshow can be controlled by clicking the left/right buttons or by using the keyboard arrows:

• Left/right arrows will scroll left/right in the slideshow (as will scrolling up/down)
    • Down arrow will download the current image
    • Up arrow will close the slideshow
    • F will un/favourite the current image

The extension also adds a download link in the sidebar of the individual wallpaper info pages for convenience.

Download: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/wallhaven-extender/kgpbgdfipipofehbijeiihelbfenieic

Code: https://github.com/RempRemp/WallhavenExtender

Last updated

Looks awesome! testing is now. Loving it already and only a few minutes into using it, though its already a huge improvement I was wondering if its possible to add an actual scroll option to this ( use mouse scroll when slideshow is up to navigate to next/previous image ) Another add on that would be nice is that when you view a wallpaper in the slideshow mode it marks it as viewed like the site does when you open a picture in new tab (currently doesnt, tested in latest/random/favorites/tag link)

Don't take my suggestion as criticism ~ This extension already makes browsing a hell of a lot better & quicker as is. These are just ideas to possibly improve it. Thanks for the great extension!

Last updated

Thanks for the feedback. I have uploaded a new version with those changes. You can scroll down to load the next image in the slideshow, and up for the previous one.

The "seen" marker may be a little fragile, it is a bit tricky keeping track of the user's own settings for that option. It works fine in my testing, but let me know if you have any problems.

Remp Damn that was quick! Updating & testing it out now. Thanks a ton, ill let ya know how it goes ~

Added 2016-01-06 22:14:21

Flawless Tried all the features quickly in every area I could think of, everything ran perfectly. Even works in forums! (if the link is an image on wallbase) Keep up the great work !

Last updated

Remp said:

The "seen" marker may be a little fragile, it is a bit tricky keeping track of the user's own settings for that option. It works fine in my testing, but let me know if you have any problems.

Looks like you've been snooping around in our minified JS. Can't wait to give you a proper headache by changing some names around. :D

Cool plugin, though. We've been fairly conservative in adding these features because there are already a lot of icons cluttering our interface. Though there are definitely people who want these, so they'll be happy about this plugin.

Gandalf said:

Looks like you've been snooping around in our minified JS. Can't wait to give you a proper headache by changing some names around. :D

I hope you don't mind too much, the best way to make sure i don't accidentally mess anything up is to do it the same way you guys do it. Though I'm sure the whole extension is prone to falling over when you update the site - I don't look forward to the day(s) when i have to surprise-fix it all!

Awesome.

Edit: No. Not awesome. Fucking awesome. The download function blends right in with the other buttons! (Just what I was looking for :D )

TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!

Remp There's just one feature missing, and that is a keyboard shortcut to add a wallpaper to "favourites". I'm thinking the "f" key would do fine.

keep up the great work :D

The new wallhaven update has broken this extension a little, so i have uploaded a new version (0.0.4) to fix the issue. (List of changes)

AgEnTx19 I have added an 'F' keyboard shortcut to un/favourite the current slideshow image too.

Great extension, any chance for a firefox version?

This is actually fantastic... could definitely be implemented into the actual site! Just being able to scroll (with the mouse wheel) through fullsize wallpapers is incredible!

Really well done!

beepbepe said:

Great extension, any chance for a firefox version?

Yes and no. Mozilla are working on a new extensions API which will work very similarly to the one used by chrome, meaning It would be simple to release this extension for firefox - but it will be a few more months before it is out of alpha. I'm sure the extension could be rewritten for the current firefox addons API (though i've never used it), but i can't promise that i can do that any time soon.

Great! It works on Opera as well. (with this addon)

Edit: Only the resize animation took a bit too long for me:

I settled on a value of 100, instead of the default 700. Browsing is much smoother now, not so much waiting for the animation to finish.

Last updated

Hey Remp

Have you looked into creating this same extension for Firefox?

I have updated this to work with the new wallhaven update. Let me know if there are any issues and i'll look into it.