It's time to step over anime.

Anime is just a dead end to stuck. This is wallheaven, not animeheaven after all.

It would be worthwhile to move forward and expand your worldview.

So why is there a special option for that at the top of the page?

Because there's like 15% anime wallpaper on this site and they'd be flooding the general section.

Do you have an actual reason you want the anime category gone?

This option looks like a long wriggling atavism to me, and in the most prominent place. I always turn it off :)

It would be logical to either remove it, or add more options to select.

wallmer667 said:

It would be logical to either remove it, or add more options to select.

Explain this. (I can't see any logic if you can easily block ALL anime). What would be a solution?

I can see his point. In fact, I've made the same argument in the past. Why do we grant anime this special role? Why do we not include categories like "nature" and "vehicles"? The choice must seem rather arbitrary.

In a way it is. It goes back to the days when wallbase (this site's predecessor) used to scrape 4chan for wallpapers and thereyb mirrored their boards structure. You may consider this a legacy feature. However the fact remains that it is quite practical. Unlike the other potential categories anime is always truly distinct. A wallpaper is either anime or not, I don't think I've ever seen an ambiguous case. Contrary to that any other category (e.g. "nature", "vehicles", "sports", …) could have wallpapers that fit into multiple categories, which would be quite impractical. That's what tags are for.

So why not get rid of categories altogether? Personally, I wouldn't mind too much, but I think that it's useful. Most people have a very clear stance on anime wallpapers, they either want to see them or they don't. A lot of people are also quite vocal about their preference. We've provided a simple method for filtering. As a result nobody needs to argue about it. Consider it a special convenience feature for everybody who doesn't like anime.

Lastly, our site owner is a giant weeb. So there's that.

I think it's practical exactly because anime is very distinct and easy to categorise. Although I do like the idea of adding a few more categories (as both General and People are VERY broad and could be split a little), though this would take a bit of consideration and discussion.

Gandalf said:

is that a very passionate weeb or a 2.3m tall weeb

Gandalf said:

Can confirm. Anime is here to stay.

I for one, would just like the ability to filter out sketchiness by category. I don't mind Anime, but it does bother me when a bunch of hentai gets uploaded and some others that are just in the Sketchy category.

ChemicalX said:

Equality to the categories!!!

Agreed.

I go to every category now for this site.. and it's ALL ANIME kids uploading to the wrong area.. This is ruining this site... i do not care if you like anime, but you might as well call this animehaven now.. its pointless and almost no reason to come here besides to see anime people who have a huge obsession with naked cartoon girls (and its not even good wallpapers, its unfinished art they made and most of the time not good quality at all.. its ruining this site fully.. You cannt argue this now.. its horrible and badly biased)

Added 1 minute after

AksumkA said:

Gandalf said:

Can confirm. Anime is here to stay.

You all need to find another hobby and take time off the site... Anime is ruined this page. I see half the images on every page are all half nude anime things... it's beyond pathetic. Peace.. if you do not listen your site will be gone in 5 years unless the owner pays for it.. this is just so low IQ

If you don't like anime just block it on your profile, reviving a 4y old thread won't change nothing.