Profile copy

Today just for fun in google entered my username And i found that i am being copied On other wallpaper site under mine name there is every upload same that has on my profile (not the newest ones )

wallhere dot com slash en slash user slash 149

Maybe someone else ? :D

Last updated

Oh wow. That means 2 copies of wallhaven right? wallhere.com & wallhalla.com

I don't think there's a way to avoid that kind of cloning. I'm there as well.

Most things are copies of copies nowadays. wallhere clearly took heavy "inspiration" from wallhaven and wallhaven took inspiration from wallbase. Wallhalla is a search engine, I don't see it as a copy of wallhaven or any other website for that matter. It has very similar functionality (as a wallpaper/image search engine) and it links to the sources.

Also, the content on 90% of wallpaper sites is copied from other websites.

All that said, copying people's profiles is a different story...

TenSoon said:

All that said, copying people's profiles is a different story...

That's what i am talking about I mean you cant prevent that people re use same wallpapers but what i found is clear clone if my profile

I am happy if people use the wallpapers i find but just without effort, plainly to copy all that's what i don't like the most

Last updated

Haven't seen that site so far, they are actually straight up copying our stylesheets. That's a bit sad. Copying entire user profiles on the other hand is just downright pathetic.

Wallhalla is a bit different, they work more like a search engine and actually link back to our site. Plus they actually have their own style.

I just found out about this too, profile copied with a few of my older uploads... wouldn't be surprised if most of their wallpapers came straight from here xD

Dont worry so much about that .. we are just small fries Do you wanna hear something funny they have gone so far as to take from user Motta123

wallhere dot com slash en slash user slash 5

if you look here and do simple math they have copied 31392 uploads from his 44k+

Last updated

TCBfergie I've redacted that link a little bit. Not to censor it, I just don't want to grant them any back links that'll drive search engine traffic their way. I hope you don't mind. It's probably pointless anyway. :/

Nathrezim said:

Oh wow. That means 2 copies of wallhaven right? wallhere.com & wallhalla.com

WallHalla is owned by Yotoon (Original owner of Wallbase) its not a clone of wallhaven, just a search engine/browser type thing.

I came across a copy of my profile on Wallhere too, but the problem is that some pictures are my property...
    -_-

Last updated