[BUG]Foreign characters in #tags crashes forum pages and profile descriptions

I did some forum searching but didn't find anything. When referring to tags in profile description or just forum posts like so: "# {women}" -> women I can't seem to use foreign characters like š, č, ř, ë. Not sure about chinese characters, might be the same. If I do, the page crashes on loading and I get a "Whoops, looks like something went wrong."

I wanted to ask how to get around it so I posted this, which now throws an error as well. Can't edit it or do anything. Sorry for spamming with two threads, but one of them is literally broken.

Possibly it's just me. If so, sorry for spamming, but I used multiple browsers, cleared cache, it still happens. I just wanted to refer to Chloë Grace Moretz on my profile page and this happened. I assume that currently if someone did it in a forum thread, it'll completely crash the thread for anyone trying to read it. Seems like a legit bug. Dunno.

Last updated

Ohh, that's a nasty one. We'll take a look ASAP. I removed the other thread for now so we don't have a dead thread lying around.

Happens to me too. Your link leads to an error. Typing out one of those characters inside #{ } causes preview post to bug out and stop displaying changes until I remove the offending character. Doesn't break, though, if I just type out Chloë. Chloë Grace Moretz or just Chloë inside #{ } is not. #Chloë is fine though and I'm assuming that's because it doesn't link to a real tag.

Yeah, needs to be recognized as a tag. Some further testing... Jūzō Shima works, "Henrik Mee Løvgret" doesn't work. Not sure what's the pattern here.

Last updated

Found the issue with this, we'll have to see about a fix. For now, if you need to post a tag with one of these breaking characters, you should be able to link the tag using the #[tagID] format without everything blowing up.

So #[496dw4] should not break this page.

I've implemented a fix that will prevent the page error. It's not live yet but should be in the next update.

Note that even then for some of these special characters the

#{...}

form (and

#...

for single words) still won't work, it just won't break the site. In that case you can still just use the

#[tag_id]

form instead.

Didn't realise I could use #[tag_id]. That's a nice temporary solution.